What to know before you book…
Helpful tips before you get waxed, whether it’s your first appointment, or hundredth.
Before You Book
Make sure that you have at least 2 weeks worth of hair growth BEFORE your appointment date.
Yes, that means no trimming, tweezing, or shaving for TWO WEEKS before your wax appointment.
Also, for facial waxing including brows, make sure to discontinue the use of any products containing AHA’s, BHA’s, or retinols (glycolic acid, retin-a, tretinoin, differin, etc.) for at least seven days prior to your appointment. The use of products containing these ingredients can cause skin lifting, burning, scarring, hyperpigmentation, redness, swelling, and other adverse reactions.
And yes – you CAN get waxed on your period! As long as you’re wearing a tampon or menstrual cup, getting waxed during your cycle is no different than getting waxed any other day of the month.
The Day Of Your Appointment
- Wear loose fitting clothing (avoid lace underwear or denim pants)
- Shower before arrival
- Avoid caffeine before your appointment as it can increase sensitivity
- Take Tylenol an hour before your appointment if you’re worried about discomfort
- Exfoliate the area to be waxed 12-24 hours beforehand
- Do not trim the hair in the area to be waxed
- No working out, hiking, saunas, swimming, sun exposure, or sex for 24 hours after waxing
GET IN TOUCH
Have questions about waxing, or nervous to book your first appointment? Shoot me a message any time! I’m always happy to chat and talk through any hesitations, and find out whether or not waxing is right for you.
Looking for aftercare instructions?